The Director of Grants and Evaluation is experienced in grant writing, grant administration and the public health sector. This role will oversee agency-wide grant programs, all of which operate out of PSNNY’s Mobile Outreach Department. Ensuring effective implementation of all facets of grant programs, the Director of Grants and Evaluation briefs, coordinates, and integrates the efforts of grant staff and diverse grant work streams, and is largely responsible for the aggregation, analysis and reporting of data on all grant deliverables.
- Provide oversight for all aspects of Mobile Outreach Department, identifying and developing strategies to optimize administration of team functions and grant processes, and ensuring staff comply with job responsibilities.
- Keep relevant Agency operations staff informed about upcoming deadlines and deliverables, ensuring smooth completion of all grant program responsibilities.
- Provide direct supervision for all grant coordinators and ensure interdepartmental alignment among grant staff and other departments within agency.
- Serve as chief liaison to grant funders, apprising funders of progress and ensuring grants are implemented according to approved methodologies.
- Develop and oversee departmental budgets, which includes monitoring grant spending, invoicing, reporting, and other administrative functions to ensure accurate execution according to grant budget and funder guidelines; maintain records around all grant-related payments and receivables.
- Oversee training for new staff on grant management and reporting requirements and identify and customize methods and tools to assess staff development, training efficacy, client-satisfaction and program outcomes.
- Work closely with IT and Data Director to develop data tracking tools and reporting mechanisms to capture progress toward goals and grant deliverables.
- Implement timely and meaningful evaluation processes within grant programs.
- Oversee completion and delivery of all periodic grant-related reporting.
- Work closely with the Director of Development to identify new funding opportunities and oversee grant writing efforts, including coordination of internal and external stakeholders, vendors, data and research.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree is a plus)
- 3-5 years’ experience working in grant programs, developing and supervising administrative projects
- Excellent writing, organizational, planning and critical thinking skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Positive work ethic, can-do attitude, pioneering spirit
- Experience writing data-based reports
- Supervisory experience
GREAT TO HAVE
- Experience working with diverse or under-represented communities
- Grant writing experience
- Finance management skills (developing budgets, reporting)
- Ability to multitask, prioritize work, and deliver high quality results
- Proficiency with data
- Proficiency on digital and social platforms
Project Safety Net NY is an EOE (Equal Opportunity Employer); all decision are made without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
Applicants should email their resumes and a cover letter outlining their interest to: email@example.com