The Engagement Specialist is responsible for community engagement for our CDC Grant Program which includes marketing, social media, street outreach, event planning and coordination, community-building with regard to our target population and networking and collaborating with Community Based Organizations (CBOs) and providers.
- Work closely with Program Director and Coordinator to develop a community engagement strategic plan for CDC Grant Program.
- Assist Coordinator in developing, coordinating, tracking and maintaining calendars for all educational, testing, appointments and networking events that occur within the community as well as the Safe Space.
- Assist Coordinator with outreach and event planning for all community-based initiatives, including NYS and local DOH collaborations (e.g. ETE and NY Links).
- Interface with Social Media Consultant and program staff to market and advertise grant program services and events on multiple social media platforms.
- Coordinate, facilitate and track all YAB activities.
- Work Closely with Program Coordinator and staff to provide outreach, coordination, follow up and tracking of services targeted to YMSM of color (16 – 20 yrs):
- Support the CDC program’s HIV prevention strategies and goals (e.g. testing, PrEP workshops, community events and activities within Safe Space).
- Promote HIV prevention activities to support YAB as well as other activities that develop self-advocacy and leadership skills among YMSM.
- Document, track and analyze deliverables attached to Performing Arts Collaborative.
- Work with Coordinator/staff to support the goals and outcomes of the HIP for PLWHA, PROMISE.
- Assist with testing events when needed.
- High school diploma or GED required. Bachelors preferred.
- One year experience in conducting outreach; one year HIV/AIDS experience preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of the target community and where outreach will be conducted is preferred.
- Familiarity with the cultural attributes of the target population, related HIV risks and harm reduction strategies are required.
- Good verbal and organizational skills a must.
LOCATION / HOURS
Hauppauge, part time
PSNNY is an EOE (Equal Opportunity Employer); all decision are made without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
Interested applicants should email their resumes and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org