An energetic Office Manager knows how to keep the trains running on time. This role is responsible for the day-to-day coordination of office operations and works closely with all staff, clients, and contractors to create a welcoming environment and help our mission run smoothly. You’re a great fit if you are positive, out-going, independent, energetic and organized. Once you’re up and running, you should be able to anticipate needs and proactively find solutions. You will be joining a growing team, working to create positive opportunities and support systems for fellow Long Islanders.
How you’ll contribute:
- Manage the front desk and be the point person for general inquiries, building ops, shipping, errands.
- Support the organization and scheduling site visits and special events.
- Organize office operations and develop efficient procedures to handle daily workflow.
- Coordinate with IT department and IT vendor to support phones, faxes and computers.
- Manage relationships with building landlord and key vendors.
- Monitor and maintain inventory of office supplies.
- Monitor and help maintain workplace safety and security.
- Coordinate and schedule cleaning crew.
- Support agency annual archiving process.
- Ensure security, integrity and confidentiality in work and processes.
- Connect with outside community and resources to keep abreast of best practices and support services.
- Perform special projects as needed.
What you need to succeed:
- Energetic, solutions-minded professional who enjoys wearing multiple hats. Experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and operational tasks; able to work independently.
- Well organized, flexible and enjoy the challenges of an active, dynamic, non-profit office.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organization, prioritization, and follow-up skills.
- Experience juggling simultaneous projects; ability to work effectively with staff members, supervisors and management team.
- MUST be tech savvy and have experience working on computers, in basic office software programs, using the internet as a resource, and interfacing with social media.
- Must be resourceful, friendly and have a “take charge” problem solver demeanor.
This position requires the willingness and ability to occasionally lift office supplies, up to 30 lbs. You must be happy and able to work with the physical contents and systems in the office environment, including helping to move office equipment, shift furnishings and set-up for meetings, screw in lightbulbs, refill water coolers, etc.
LOCATION / HOURS
Hauppauge, full time position
Project Safety Net NY is an EOE (Equal Opportunity Employer); all decision are made without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
Interested applicants should email their resumes and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org