The Social Media Specialist is an exciting new position at a growing Long Island-based non-profit focused on public health and community outreach. This role will work closely with the Executive Director and other managers to build a vital, recognized and relatable brand. As a hands-on, brand ambassador you will be responsible for crafting and distributing community stories, finding innovative ways to promote our programs, and developing social media content that gets attention.
- Help formulate a modern, digitally-focused communications strategy to launch a new non-profit providing outreach, prevention and intervention services in the public health sector.
- Clearly communicate the agency’s mission to media, clients, donors and community stakeholders.
- Find and develop stories that can be used to create content for social and web platforms.
- Collaborate with department heads to understand scope of work and clients, and to develop communication plans that generate awareness and promote participation.
- Collaborate with program staff to integrate knowledge from the front lines into communications strategy, ensuring relevance of messaging and effectiveness of methods.
- Be a PR-focused magnet, identifying opportunities to build our presence and awareness, keeping us abreast of relevant news and opportunities from the outside.
- Support website optimization by effectively synching social content and platforms.
- Continuously improve agency outreach and connectivity through all communications channels.
- experience working with the communities we serve
- technophile, language wiz, media maven
- hands-on social media expert; ability to create and publish campaigns on all platforms
- knowledge of Long Island’s demographics, needs and trends
- knowledge of public health sector, policies, current events and politics
- visual acumen; ability to brief, produce, edit and optimize media assets
- excellent communication skills
- proficiency in Spanish is helpful
- positive work ethic, can-do attitude, pioneering spirit
LOCATION / HOURS
Hauppauge, full time, part time or freelance considered
Project Safety Net NY is an EOE (Equal Opportunity Employer); all decision are made without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
Interested applicants should email their resumes and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org